apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Quick things, apr/apr-util releases
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 06:47:09 GMT
William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> Paul Querna wrote:
>> its an alpha release with a -dev copy of APR and APR-Util. Frankly,
>> Screw the user, because there aren't any.  If someone bitches about an
>> alpha release breaking thier shit, tough shit, its alpha.
>

> Thanks for sharing your opinion.  Clearly we inexorably differ on our
> perceptions.  Let's let that aspect of this thread die already?
>
> We won't be coming to an agreement.  Sorry you didn't understand that
> when I repeatedly informed you of my opinion, before you released that
> code to the users you are ever so happy to screw.

Sorry... used to use Thunderbird which would let me send on a 15 minute
delay.

If that's what you think of the users, perhaps you need to let others RM
the httpd releases.  But I really don't think that is your opinion of them.

If .1% of users adopt alphas/RC's, terrific.  In httpd's case, that is on
the order of thousands to 10's of thousands, which has a direct impact on
the APR project :-/