apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release apr-1.4.1 [no -util release]
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2009 06:28:12 GMT
Sander Temme wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2009, at 4:07 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>
>> Sander Temme wrote:
>>> Unless my caffeine-starved brain is reading this wrong, should we put in a special
case in the 'l' modifier (line 832) that catches 'll' and sets the variable type to IS_QUAD?

>> In any case, if sizeof(long long) == sizeof(long) == sizeof(int)
>
> Actually, int is 4 bytes, long and long long are 8 on this platform.

ack...

>> we should always be respecting %lld, %ld and %d as equivalent.
>
> So, sadly, there is a difference.
>
> But do you agree that we should support %lld and that inside the if statement starting
line 832 of apr_snprintf.c is a good spot to set var_type = IS_QUAD?

exactly, there is nothing appropriate about a 'conditional' format type.
I used the sizeof(int) == sizeof(long) to illustrate this :)