apr-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Pocock <dan...@pocock.com.au>
Subject using a pollset after apr_proc_detach on BSD
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2009 13:53:28 GMT

Hi,

There have been some discussions recently on the Ganglia list about the
use of a pollset that was created before a call to apr_proc_detach

On BSD platforms, we find the kqueue style pollsets are not valid after
fork().  On other platforms, or if kqueue is disabled when compiling
apr, the pollsets do remain valid.

Can anyone make any comment on this issue?  We are keen to have
initialization tasks completed before forking, so that if initialization
fails, the caller will see the non-zero exit status.

Here is a link to the thread on ganglia-developers, although I hope the
description above captures all the main points:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ganglia-general@lists.sourceforge.net/msg05251.html

Regards,

Daniel