apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Prepared to tag apr 1.4.0 [NOT -util!]
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 04:26:33 GMT
Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Hi,
> William A. Rowe Jr. schrieb:
>> I see good responses to the list from Branko, Joe and Jeff (and thanks
>> for the bugfix Branko), so I'll proceed with this tonight, we'll have
>> the usual 72hr vote, and then let's start this discussion over about
>> the much larger changes in apr-util 1.4 ;)
> I think we should take a look into the apr/apu tests first; Ruediger
> mentioned this a while ago that we only report failures, but dont bail
> out but instead try to use NULL pointers where we expect to have valid
> pointers ...; therefore failing tests produce segfaults on some
> platforms ...

I don't see that as a showstopper to a major/minor bump; these are always
bug fixes that can be addressed.

What would be nice is if we could modify the test framework itself, perhaps
fatal v.s. fail&continue flavors of all tests, to encourage the appropriate
and proper logic in all test cases.

But a segv to a test suite is usually a fail, so it's pretty unambiguous :)