apr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release httpd 2.3.4-alpha
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 23:48:17 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> 
> I don't agree that we can't release a bundled unreleased version of
> APR, we did this for many versions of httpd 2.0.x and 2.1.x.  It
> definitely isn't preferred, but that's the APR project's problem.

Look, your argument simply doesn't fly.

In httpd 2.0 timeframe we were only shipping apr-0.9.x - it did NOT
have the same API/ABI constraints (some of them, but not all).  All
of those intermediary releases kept the ABI rules of APR.

Now that you have shipped immediately while ignoring my objection,
I'll treat all +1's as binding no matter if they approved both of
the pieces or not, and have tagged 1.4.0 of both apr and apr-util.

We have no alternative, or else all author's VERSION_MAJOR/MINOR
tests are invalid.

It becomes up to the APR project if this aught to be 1.4.0 or burn
a number and move on.  For 1.4 initial release, I want to pick up
Branko's fix, so I plan to label this 1.4.1.

No intention of tagging apr-util yet till we decide if it can be
API frozen, so if we dislike the current includes/ tree, it will
end up being deprecated interfaces and version 1.5.0 already.




Mime
View raw message