apr-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r888669 - /apr/apr/trunk/test/testdso.c
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 18:09:46 GMT
On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 6:53 AM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 9:37 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> covener@apache.org wrote:
>>> Author: covener
>>> Date: Wed Dec  9 01:27:49 2009
>>> New Revision: 888669

>>> Log:
>>> let HP-UX on IA64 fall through to the default unix case, using .so instead of
.sl.

>>> A quick scan of a couple years of dev@apr only turned up one person reporting
>>> results on this platform, and they had the 8/9 testdso failures as well.
>>
>> There is a better fix for this, and the test needs to be the same for dso.c,
>> testdso.c and in ./configure.
>>
>> [I'm not really happy that apr doesn't answer such questions for us programatically.]
>>
>> The .sl format is only used for hpux parisc 32 bit.  So IA64 is not the only exception.

.sl vs .so does not seem to be one of the behaviors where the PA64
behavior matches the Itanium behavior, confirmed with a PA64 APR build
and below:

http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90968/linkerdifferencesiapa.htm

Do you object to backporting the testdso.c update in trunk? The test
has to predict what libtool will spit out, and this gets HP/IA64 "make
check" running clean.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com