apr-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r888669 - /apr/apr/trunk/test/testdso.c
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 11:53:39 GMT
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 9:37 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> covener@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: covener
>> Date: Wed Dec  9 01:27:49 2009
>> New Revision: 888669

>> Log:
>> let HP-UX on IA64 fall through to the default unix case, using .so instead of .sl.
>>
>> A quick scan of a couple years of dev@apr only turned up one person reporting
>> results on this platform, and they had the 8/9 testdso failures as well.
>
> There is a better fix for this, and the test needs to be the same for dso.c,
> testdso.c and in ./configure.
>
> [I'm not really happy that apr doesn't answer such questions for us programatically.]
>
> The .sl format is only used for hpux parisc 32 bit.  So IA64 is not the only exception.

We currently pick SHL for 32-bit builds on IA64, but if we flipped
over to DLFCN it sounds like it would line up with the .sl/.so
decision. Am I reading too much into the relationship between the
favored API and the shared lib extension?

      *-hpux[[1-9]]\.*|*-hpux1[[01]]*)
          # shl is specific to hpux(?), and is suboptimal for 64 bit builds,
          # and most unlikely to be the choice of 12.x developers.
          AC_CHECK_LIB(dld, shl_load, [have_shl=1])
          if test "$ac_cv_sizeof_voidp$have_shl" = "41"; then
            dsotype=shl; APR_ADDTO(LIBS,-ldld)
          fi;;

--
Eric Covener