apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: Prepared to tag apr-util 1.4.1
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 05:41:49 GMT
On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 23:35 -0600, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> That doesn't begin to explain to me why it differs between the 1.3 and
> 1.4 branches.  Only why it might differ between 1.x and 2.x.  I'm very
> confused.

My guess is that if someone had 1.3.x compiled without threads, having
this functionality in any later version of 1.3.x would suddenly spring
up symbols that didn't exist before. Therefore, anyone linking against
that never version would have trouble linking again with the older
version of 1.3.x.

I believe we are allowed to do things like this between 1.3.x and 1.4.x.

Or is this not what you're asking?

--
Bojan