apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_dbd: new options for MySQL timeouts
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 20:06:37 GMT
Kevac Marko wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 7:11 PM, Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Shouldn't the new options be inside the #if, to protect older MySQL
>> versions?
>
> According to documentation page
> (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/mysql-options.html) no. These
> options are there from the beginning.

OK, well, it's done now, and I expect folks on the leading edge
of APR will be using at least relatively-up-to-date MySQL.

> Wow. Thank you for such fast answer and fast commit.
> If only my other patches were committed so fast :-)

There's an element of pot luck: whether you attract someone's
attention at a good time.  It also depends somewhat on how easy
the patch is to review, whether it serves a purpose likely to
be of general interest, etc.  If you have patches languishing
in bugzilla, it doesn't hurt to draw them to our attention:
we might commit them, ignore them, rubbish them, or open a
discussion on them :-)

--
Nick Kew