apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Future tag plans
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 18:46:06 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> My point was that *anything* could change and create a source/binary
> compatibility problem. And in all likelihood, something *will* change
> that we rely upon. One more argument to one function would bring down
> the house. That is all it takes.

Yes of course.  My point was more about the various apr-ish additions
that exist within SVN that might become part of apr 2.0, and with the
whole "portability vs. helper stubs vs. utility" resolved with the big
rollup / merger of aprutil, what is useful becomes the overriding simple
decision, not 'should we add this, and where would it go' :)

And totally agreed that svn 1.7 isn't the timeframe to focus on any
shift to an entirely new [2.0-ish] flavor of apr.