apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Future tag plans
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:19:16 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> IOW, for all intents and purpose, svn will never move beyond APR 1.x.

I suspect APR 1.x will live a very, very long time.  So it's conceivable
we'll see a 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 even as a 2.0 is released for "purists" who
want the cleanest API.  The rest of us don't mind getting our boots muddy
will stick with 1.x just as you say, because it's there.

If anything is going to 'kick' 2.0 forwards, it's probably an unconceived
project who wants to start fresh, and clean, and we'll see apr 1 and 2 live
alongside each other for a long while.

It will be interesting if httpd becomes interested in 2.0 either for 2.4,
or the httpd-next 3.0 major refactoring.