apr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject [Revised] Future tag plans
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:55:53 GMT
William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> If nobody objects, I'll plan to tag 1.4.0 this coming Monday 11/16

... unless somebody beats me to it, modulo the SHOWSTOPPERS in the
STATUS file.  Unless crypto can be resolved to everyone's satisfaction,
and vetoes addressed, that means it may have to wait for 1.5/2.0.
But this is >1yr in discussion so holding our breath is futile, and
this is entirely unfair to the improvements offered by others which
have been universally accepted by the reviewers.

> (it so happens to be after all my deadlines and right before more
> work obligations, so there a hole right there to fill).  Should give
> anyone sufficient time to wrap up their inspection of the API and
> code changes.
> If nobody objects, I'll plan to tag 2.0.0 

... and as Jim points out - I should have added 'unless somebody beats
me to it' ... but I'm dropping such plans for now while we discuss what
is 2.0 and how solid the scons/merge actually is.

View raw message