apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Future tag plans
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 19:12:25 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:38 PM, William A. Rowe Jr.
> <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> If nobody objects, I'll plan to tag 1.4.0 this coming Monday 11/16
>> (it so happens to be after all my deadlines and right before more
>> work obligations, so there a hole right there to fill).  Should give
>> anyone sufficient time to wrap up their inspection of the API and
>> code changes.
>
> I object.
>
> The crypto API still has issues, which as far as I can remember from
> the last thread, have not been completely addressed:
> <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/apr-dev/200910.mbox/%3C4ADC43CF.3090409@sharp.fm%3E>

Let's find the solution here, then.  At a minimum, I'm prepared to tag
1.4.0 modulo crypto, but it's a shame to drop that for two releases in
a row.  On the other hand, if people can't be bothered to bring it all
together to completion, it can't be allowed to hijack the other useful
improvements in the library.

Can someone start putting showstoppers into STATUS if they care, so that
the contributors know what must be fixed?