apr-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: Future tag plans
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:00:59 GMT
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:38 PM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> If nobody objects, I'll plan to tag 1.4.0 this coming Monday 11/16
> (it so happens to be after all my deadlines and right before more
> work obligations, so there a hole right there to fill).  Should give
> anyone sufficient time to wrap up their inspection of the API and
> code changes.

I object.

The crypto API still has issues, which as far as I can remember from
the last thread, have not been completely addressed:

Considering APR's versioning policy, I don't really feel comfotable
setting that API in stone, unless people more familiar with the issue
speak up loudly saying its perfect.

> If nobody objects, I'll plan to tag 2.0.0 on 12/21 (during the start
> of my holidays) - which adds 4+ weeks beyond the close of a 1.4.0
> vote during which time folks are free to fix broken API declarations,
> drop deprecated interfaces, rename wonky function names and generally
> just make-ready for a GA.

I don't see a point in APR 2.x at this point, I am personally having
doubts about APRs perspecitve on lots of decisions, and kinda wish we
went the ultra-light-weight Moccasin approach, with at a minimum,
optional pools.

I don't think APR 2.x is progressing fast enough right now to say we
should set a date to release it.

View raw message