apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mac OS X Universal builds and APR
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:43:06 GMT
On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:
> On 19/10/09 13:28, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>>
>>> What about simply making apr.h/apu.h as a stubs
>>> for apr-$CPU.h
>>>

>> (I don't yet see how we can make a useful contribution on other
>> aspects of multi-architecture support -- fat binary or multiple
>> bin/lib/build directories or ....)
>>

> The bottom line is that for each particular platform we could
> end up in only two distinct data models.
> Well in theory that can spread to five of them
> (LP64,ILP64,LLP64,ILP32,LP32) but AFAICT each platform basically
> supports only two distinctive.
>
> Anyhow, APR currently lacks the configure options for at
> least specifying data model (using CFLAGS=-m32 && ./configure
> is a little bit awkward and nowhere documented)

BTW, you have to specify the arch option in CC for all the
apr-n-config stuff to work properly.

Documentation of the general requirements would definitely be helpful.
 If that existed, would there be any real value in ordaining a
particular arch compiler flag?  That seems endless and out of scope
anyway.