apr-dev mailing list archives

From Barry Scott <ba...@barrys-emacs.org>
Subject Mac OS X Universal builds and APR
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2009 15:11:15 GMT
I'm the author of pysvn that depends on subversion that depends on APR.

The convient way to build universal binaries on the Mac is to use -
arch. For example
to get a binary that is 32bit and 64bit:

	gcc -arch i386 -arch x86_64

This works so long as the code that is being compile is portable
between the
arch chosen.

I have found that I cannot build subversion as a Mac OS X Universal
binary
because of none portable code in apr.h created by configure.

apr.h is configured for 32bit or 64bit and that causes either 32bit or
64bit to
fail.

Items that would need to handled are:

apr_int64_t aways define as long long on Mac.

APR_SIZEOF_VOIDP would need to be set based on preprocessor symbols.

I'm sure there are more issues that I have not noticed.

Are you aware of these issues?

Do you consider they need fixing?

Barry