apr-dev mailing list archives

From Barry Scott <ba...@barrys-emacs.org>
Subject Re: Mac OS X Universal builds and APR
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:01:03 GMT

On 18 Oct 2009, at 18:14, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Oct 18, 2009, at 1:00 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>> I don't think anybody has spelled out explicitly how to run the apr
>> and apr-util builds and merge all necessary headers and so forth (not
>> that it is complicated, but it would be useful as a FAQ...).  (In
>> addition to the apr.h issues you outline, some of the APU_HAVE_foo in
>> apu.h could differ between 32-bit and 64-bit as well.)
>>

> Apple has provided the diffs for us... we just don't apply them
> (we can't apply the as-is because they assume Darwin, whereas my
> patch wrapped them in a DARWIN_10 define to make them generic)...
>
> As anticipated, not addressing this here means that everyone and
> their mother will be providing their own hacks to this issue
> instead of a single canonical fix... Oh well.

I think the problem is that configure is used to find out things that
change arch to arch
like void * size rather then using preprocessor detection of those
things.

Testings for API functions being present would be arch independent.

On windows don't you just ship the answers as if configure had run?

Maybe Mac OS X is half way between the linux configure detects
everything
and the windows configure never run.

Barry

(Hi Jeff, we met on the mod_fcgid list.)