apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: Mac OS X Universal builds and APR
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 03:18:47 GMT
Barry Scott wrote:
> I think the problem is that configure is used to find out things that
> change arch to arch
> like void * size rather then using preprocessor detection of those things.

I wonder, how do you detect the size of void* with the preprocessor in
C? The preprocessor doesn't understand sizeof.

> Testings for API functions being present would be arch independent.

That depends, doesn't it? There's no guarantee that you have the same
external libraries available in several different flavours.

> On windows don't you just ship the answers as if configure had run?

That's because there's no "configure" tool for Windows. I surely hope
SCons will be able to help here, because the various hacks necessary to
customize the Windows build are not tasty.

-- Brane