apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mac OS X Universal builds and APR
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:10:28 GMT
On 19/10/09 16:37, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>>
>> Anyhow, APR currently lacks the configure options for at
>> least specifying data model (using CFLAGS=-m32&&  ./configure
>> is a little bit awkward and nowhere documented)
>>
>> Resolving that would certainly be one small step helping
>> packagers to solve some of the multi-arch issues.
>
> Bring this to the attention of the libtool and autoconf crew, it's precisely
> what they set out to fix, right?  It sure doesn't seem worthwhile to hack
> around such things in our configure schema (and fwiw, that is a problem,
> above.  CC="gcc -m32" is much more reliable w.r.t. libtool and autoconf
> detection.

This kind of approach doesn't help a bit.
We are saying: OK, we know how to do it, but we are purists
and don't wish to pollute or code base with something we
think should be part of the toolkit we are using.
Go and complain to them directly instead weening here.

Can scon resolve this? If not it seems to me we
are constantly choosing the wrong tools.

Regards
--
^TM