apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Mac OS X Universal builds and APR
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:37:05 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:

> Anyhow, APR currently lacks the configure options for at
> least specifying data model (using CFLAGS=-m32 && ./configure
> is a little bit awkward and nowhere documented)
>
> Resolving that would certainly be one small step helping
> packagers to solve some of the multi-arch issues.

Bring this to the attention of the libtool and autoconf crew, it's precisely
what they set out to fix, right?  It sure doesn't seem worthwhile to hack
around such things in our configure schema (and fwiw, that is a problem,
above.  CC="gcc -m32" is much more reliable w.r.t. libtool and autoconf
detection.

Oh - CFLAGS, and -m32 are each thoroughly documented, so that assertion is
rather fud'dish.  Not to mention the fact that some systems need you to change
the compiler or other environmental settings.  This puzzle is a platform
issue for platforms to document [heck, it can vary amoung linux distros].