apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mac OS X Universal builds and APR
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:18:13 GMT
On 19/10/09 13:28, Jeff Trawick wrote:

>> What about simply making apr.h/apu.h as a stubs
>> for apr-$CPU.h
>>

> (I don't yet see how we can make a useful contribution on other
> aspects of multi-architecture support -- fat binary or multiple
> bin/lib/build directories or ....)

The bottom line is that for each particular platform we could
end up in only two distinct data models.
Well in theory that can spread to five of them
(LP64,ILP64,LLP64,ILP32,LP32) but AFAICT each platform basically
supports only two distinctive.

Anyhow, APR currently lacks the configure options for at
least specifying data model (using CFLAGS=-m32 && ./configure
is a little bit awkward and nowhere documented)

Resolving that would certainly be one small step helping
packagers to solve some of the multi-arch issues.

Regards
--
^TM