apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apr 1.4: testpoll crash on OSX 10.6
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2009 15:42:58 GMT
Ruediger Pluem schrieb:
> 1. The crash: We simply should not execute the lines 389 and 390 if descs is NULL.
>    Similar situations occur in various other parts of the test suite.
>    We use ABTS_PTR_NOTNULL and continue afterwards and continue to use the pointer
>    that failed ABTS_PTR_NOTNULL. So does this need to be fixed everywhere where this
>    occurs? I guess a crash of the test program just because ABTS_PTR_NOTNULL failed
>    is not acceptable.
yes, this needs fixing - I was already on similar track since some more
tests fail for NetWare, and I get then crashes.
I believe the reason why nobody else found this yet is simply because
usually all tests succeed on Linux.

BTW. I see also same with the testpoll on 32bit NetWare: sometime it
runs, and then next round it fails.

finally I think we also need to block some more things within the
testsuite where we could determine from apr.h / apu.h if the feature to
be tested is supported by the running platform at all. And these things
should then not be marked as 'fail', but as 'skipped' or 'unsupported'.

View raw message