apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Crash in apr_file_close() (Linux)
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:37:10 GMT
On 16/10/09 16:56, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>>
>> What 99% users would need is apr_file_attach_std* set of functions
>> giving the apr_file_t capable API without destroying the system
>> std streams.
>>
>> And we should probably protect the sigleton apr_file_open_std*
>> against multiple invocations, cause the always acts upon a
>> singleton std stream object.
>
> We already have it.
>
> Simply don't call close() :)

Sure. However we should at least return EBADF on a second
invocation cause we know the first one will destroy stdout when
closed (directly, via pool destroy or via terminate)

For 2.0 apr_file_attach_std* might be a valuable addition
for repetitive apr_file_t objects allowing file API without
jeopardizing the stream integrity.

Regards
--
^TM