apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Crash in apr_file_close() (Linux)
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:51:40 GMT
On 16/10/09 16:41, Jonathan Leffler wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 7:31 AM, Yuri V. Vishnevskiy
> <yuri.vishnevskiy@gmail.com <mailto:yuri.vishnevskiy@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     This is related with another my problem. If I close stdout by
>     apr_file_close, then the standard printf and fprintf(stdout, )
>     functions are no more working.
>     I've tested this on Windows and Linux.
>

> If you close standard output, functions that write to standard output
> should not succeed - there is nowhere for the information to go.  That
> is (or, IMO, should be) expected behaviour.

What 99% users would need is apr_file_attach_std* set of functions
giving the apr_file_t capable API without destroying the system
std streams.

And we should probably protect the sigleton apr_file_open_std*
against multiple invocations, cause the always acts upon a
singleton std stream object.

Regards
--
^TM