apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject need some info about unsetenv on other platforms
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:32:14 GMT
Hi,
I was just looking into the setenv / unsetenv stuff in APR, and found
that we assume that unsetenv doesnt have a return value on all
platforms. I have searched a bit, and found these:
http://linux.die.net/man/3/setenv
http://www.manpagez.com/man/3/unsetenv/
from that it seems that there are newer versions of unsetenv() out which
return an int and set errno. I've tested this on Linux 2.6.27.29, and I
dont get an error back when I try to unsetenv a non-existent var ...
now I would like to get some info about how MacOSX and *BSD platforms
behave - see attached sample for a quick test. Form the docu at least
MacOSX should return EINVAL for a non-existent var ...

thanks, Gün.