apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: APR 1.4 status (and backport)
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 19:00:06 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 9:52 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
>>
>> If you didn't have a particular timetable, what if we used Tuesday hackathon
>> at ApacheCon to really push out a 2.0.0 or 1.4.0, resolving the last of the
>> open complaints f2f.  In the meantime, figure out what isn't suitable for
>> either 1.4.0 or 2.0.0, move whatever features you like to 1.4.0, and really
>> polish the build schema changes for 2.0.0, ensuring that it builds correctly
>> under the classic (deprecated) schemas or scons.
>>
>> Other thoughts about 1.4.0 or 2.0.0?
>
> Do it way before apachecon IMO.  Wait until apachecon to _talk_ about
> it, we would be lucky to ship this year.

That's what I meant, use apachecon to talk through all the places we get stuck
in disagreement, close the open issues and tag something before or at the
conference :)

> I'd like to at an absolute minimum have SCons working as the default
> build on win32, and a viable choice on *nix, but ENOTIME with
> everything else I've got going on this fall.

Those would be noble goals.  We'll see, I have it set up here, but like you I have
pretty minimal time between now and then.  I'm actually more keen to fix the mingw
autoconf flavor and ensure it is inline with win32 build today, and then ensure that
scons produces the same result.