apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Mac OS X Universal builds and APR
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2009 17:14:46 GMT

On Oct 18, 2009, at 1:00 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> I don't think anybody has spelled out explicitly how to run the apr
> and apr-util builds and merge all necessary headers and so forth (not
> that it is complicated, but it would be useful as a FAQ...).  (In
> addition to the apr.h issues you outline, some of the APU_HAVE_foo in
> apu.h could differ between 32-bit and 64-bit as well.)

Apple has provided the diffs for us... we just don't apply them
(we can't apply the as-is because they assume Darwin, whereas my
patch wrapped them in a DARWIN_10 define to make them generic)...

As anticipated, not addressing this here means that everyone and
their mother will be providing their own hacks to this issue
instead of a single canonical fix... Oh well.