apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: DBD mysql driver segfault on cleanup when used together with legacy modules in apache using mysql
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 21:53:02 GMT
On Wednesday 28 October 2009, Viktor Griph wrote:
> > Not very likely in this case, but it may make sense to check it:
> > You do use libmysqlclient_r.so for both mod_dbd_mysql and
> > mod_auth_mysql? If you use libmysqlclient_r.so for one and
> > libmysqlclient.so for the other, you will get strange segfaults.
>
> Actually that was the case. Gentoo links mod_auth_mysql to
> libmysqlclient, and apr-util with libmysqlclient_r. Manually
> rebuilding  mod_auth_mysql linked to libmysqlclient_r solves the
> problem. Thanks. I'll file a bug to Gentoo.

Ok. This is what happened:

start:
- linker loads mod_auth_mysql
- linker loads libmysqlclient
- linker resolves symbols in mod_auth_mysql against libmysqlclient
- linker loads mod_dbd_mysql/libaprutil1-dbd-mysql
- linker loads libmysqlclient_r
- linker resolves symbols in mod_dbd_mysql/libaprutil1-dbd-mysql
against libmysqlclient(!)

unload:
- linker unloads mod_auth_mysql and libmysqlclient
- mod_dbd_mysql crashes

This is this mysql bug: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=32196

It would be nice if the Gentoo maintainer could add his voice there to
make the mysql people fix it.

Cheers,
Stefan