apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] release apr 1.3.9?
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 17:41:07 GMT
On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have rolled a candidate of apr v1.3.9 and propose it for release,
>>> available here:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~minfrin/apr/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eminfrin/apr/>
>>>

>> +1
>> (Mac OS X 10.5.8 on x86, 32-bit testing only, OpenSolaris 2009.06 +
>> SunStudio on x86, 32-bit and 64-bit testing)
>>
>> I get a crash in testhash with the 64-bit OpenSolaris build, but that
>> happens with 1.3.8 as well :(
>>

> In case somebody wonders:
>
> t@1 (l@1) program terminated by signal SEGV (no mapping at the fault
> address)
> Current function is apr_vformatter
>   954                   s = va_arg(ap, char *);

To this very naive observer, it looks like a compiler bug (Sun Studio 12
Update 1).  Some overflow area processing has been triggered since we've
gone beyond 0x30 bytes of arguments.  The address into the overflow area
gets whacked at the 32-bit mark and va_arg() dies trying to use it.

I'll try to get a simple testcase to the right people.