apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: unix/tempdir.c
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:59:13 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I'm looking over the docs to see if we actually document this
> anyplace... Although Python 2.2 may have used that order, 1.5
> didn't nor does 2.6... But agree that the change requires
> documenting.

As a developer library, in this case, the source code and existing
behavior is the documentation :)

The point being, developers concerned with this or users who had
researched an issue with this had already compensated for the
existing behavior, and a footnote in 1.3.x is unlikely to be
noticed.  An application developer expects such changes to occur
in a minor bump, and must expect radical changes in major bumps.

Docs will be good, of the previous and new behaviors, yes.