apr-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject When to use HAVE_XXX_H or APR_HAVE_XXX_H
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 07:35:39 GMT
When compiling mod_ftp 0.9.5 I ran into the problem, that is was using
APR_HAVE_SYS_STAT_H instead of HAVE_SYS_STAT_H.

I saw in configure.in, that apr tests for a lot of headers, but it
doesn't set an APR_HAVE_* define for all of them in apr.h.in.

In the case of sys/stat.h this leads to the situation, that code uses
APR_HAVE_SYS_STAT_H although it seems it is never defined. Even some
files in apr itself use this define. Other files in apr use HAVE_SYS_STAT_H.

Is there some policy, when to use APR_HAVE_* defines for testing the
includes and when to use the HAVE_* type defines?

Regards,

Rainer