apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r809745 - /apr/apr/trunk/configure.in
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 17:48:08 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2009, at 5:31 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>> jim@apache.org wrote:
>>> +    # Per OS tuning...
>>> +    case $host in
>>> +    *apple-darwin10.0.0)
>>
>> Won't that test be broken in a month or two?
>>

> Not sure... it could only be needed for 10.0.0.
> As version comes out, we can better tune as needed.

In all likelihood, it will be no better in 10.0.1, but since we've
bandaged this to the specific subversion, all users building to mac
will bump into this, over and over, as apple and asf releases race
back and forth.

Presuming the issue would be fixed by darwin 11 makes some sense, but
could you please adjust to be more tolerant for our users, following
the same pattern as other APR hacks and hints?