apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Havard <brian.hav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OS/2 maintainer?
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 22:02:56 GMT
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 5:36 AM, Paul Smedley
<pauldespam@despamsmedley.id.au> wrote:

> Wondering if there is anyone still actively maintaining the OS/2
> source code in APR?

I was doing it but no, I haven't done anything for quite a long time...

> My current apr diff (which needs tidying up) is at
> http://smedley.info/apr-1.3.3.diff

One comment I'd make is that you seem to be veering away from the
original design philosophy which is to always use native API calls in
preference to C library functions that emulate unix system calls. This
is to maximise performance and control. I'd be against commiting any
code that fails to follow this style without a pretty good reason.