apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: need a solution with APR DSO
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:42:36 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. schrieb:
> Guenter Knauf wrote:
>> Bill,
>> William A. Rowe, Jr. schrieb:
> Unix ./configure users have no trouble toggling features.  Win32 and Netware
> currently don't have a command line configuration tool.
maybe they can toggle APU_DSO_BUILD via configure which again results in
either all or none as DSO.

> I have no issue with adding flexibility.  But the current API won't really
> support having some loadable, some fixed dbd or dbm providers (well, except
> the special-case SDBM).  So I wouldn't want those to be sliced-and-diced
> into individual MSQL_USES_DSO - rather DBD_USES_DSO or something.
ok, fine with me. So unless you object further I would like to start with:
1) use APU_DSO_LDAP_BUILD for the whole ldap stuff instead of
APU_DSO_BUILD, and move APU_DSO_LDAP_BUILD define into apu_config.h
2) add APU_DSO_DBD_BUILD to control the DBD drivers

this would give me the flexibility I need, and I could start working on
it to see how that goes ...

Gün.