apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: need a solution with APR DSO
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:52:54 GMT
Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Bill,
> William A. Rowe, Jr. schrieb:
>> Right, and there is a solution for that (although the win32 build system
>> isn't rich enough right now to offer a 'toggle' of this.)
> wrong - there's no solution, and no platform can just 'toggle' - see my
> other post.

Unix ./configure users have no trouble toggling features.  Win32 and Netware
currently don't have a command line configuration tool.

That was my entire point.

I have no issue with adding flexibility.  But the current API won't really
support having some loadable, some fixed dbd or dbm providers (well, except
the special-case SDBM).  So I wouldn't want those to be sliced-and-diced
into individual MSQL_USES_DSO - rather DBD_USES_DSO or something.