apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Problem building using nmake on Windows
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:04:55 GMT
Robert Dailey wrote:
> Hey William,
>
> I just downloaded APR util 1.3.9 and APR 1.3.8 and I am still unable to
> build on Windows. Below is the output I'm getting. Are there certain
> steps I need to follow once I download the tarballs? Files I have to
> rename? etc?

> _tbl_simple.c
> LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
> '..\..\apr\Release\libapr-1.lib'
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
> Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\link.EXE"' : return code '0x49d'
> Stop.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
> Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\NMAKE.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.

Because of the way the libs are bound to one another (it's reasonably
bogus but we don't really want to change this before APR 2.0 lest folks
get really confused) they need the relative path ..\..\apr.

If you were building the dynamic libs, this wouldn't be a problem,
because those will seek through the LIB path.

try naming your apr, apr-iconv and apr-util dirs in the same directory
and your build will complete, no issues.  I'll give this still just
a bit more thought.