apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r799780 - /apr/apr-util/branches/1.3.x/dbd/apr_dbd_mysql.c
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 14:36:29 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 08/03/2009 11:07 AM, Bojan Smojver wrote:
>> On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 10:58 +0200, Rüdiger Plüm wrote:
>>> Bill, does this work on Windows as well?
>> Doesn't this patch bring us back where we were (roughly)?
>>

> Not really. Bills patch ensured that we consistently pickup
> the headers from the mysql subdir or from one level above.
> But you are correct my patch reverses the ordering Bill introduced.
> Hence my question to him :-).

Yes, it does essentially revert, but throws away several legibility
issues and bad practices (#define HAVE_THAT_H in a .c source?
seriously ;-?)  I can't follow the old code, but it is entirely
possible to have picked up global/sys from one system install and
mysql.h from another, which can't possibly be a good thing.  Mine
and Rued

I've applied this, since apparently it's not possible to both compile
against my_global/my_sys on unix and windows.  On windows, this is
broken since my_sys includes far too many #LL constants and such that
seem solely destined for gcc (Mingw perhaps).

What is interesting, it appears my_sys is not actually used, and the
my_global header solves the my_init binding problem.  It would make
sense to enable only that one header, on Windows; issues solved.