apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: Bugs discovered by a research group at CWRU (2)
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 07:13:48 GMT
On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 17:08 +1000, Jack Andrews wrote:
> i think he's asking us to confirm or deny patterns that he has
> found that could indicate another bug that has a similar
> fix to a bug that was fixed previously.

Yeah, something like that:
----------------------
It would be greatly appreciated if you can reply to this email after you
have gone over the bugs and tell us whether you have confirmed any of
them, since these information are really valuable for us for testing our
current method.

So, for 1, I'm saying most likely not a bug. For 2, I'm saying also most
likely not a bug (although I initially thought there may be a problem,
because I keep thinking of fork() when someone says exec()). For 3, I'm
too confused to respond.

The reason I asked for patches is that if there is potential bug, then
obviously there is a potential fix. Usually, it's a bit easier to read
what is being fixed by reading the actual fix.

--
Bojan