apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r799501 - /apr/apr/trunk/CHANGES
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:30:04 GMT
On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:13 PM, <bojan@apache.org> wrote:

> Author: bojan
> Date: Fri Jul 31 03:13:51 2009
> New Revision: 799501

> Log:
> More precise comment about testflock and testoc changes.
>

> -  *) Pass default environment to testflock and testoc.
> +  *) Pass default environment to testflock and testoc children.
>      [Bojan Smojver]

That's almost a commit message, which should say something like

Pass default environment to testflock and testoc children SO THAT ??????.

The CHANGES entry is for users, and should have something like

*) Fix test suite failures of testflock and testoc which occurred when
######.

(I personally don't care if test suite fixes are mentioned in CHANGES
anyway.  But if they are, they should be meaningful to the user community.
A developer can look at the subversion history.)