apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Looking for final determination on shipping binary dbd/dbm stubs
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 05:13:34 GMT
Folks, I thought we had answered this already.  Apparently not.

So far as I can see, any package that ships apr_dbd_mysql,
apr_dbm_db, or apr_dbm_gdbm module stubs cannot be shipped in
binary form.  But I thought we had worked out that some subset
of these is possible.

On the obvious extreme is gdbm, which is GPL, not LGPL.

In between are mysql and db which both have copy-left viral terms
but are not GPL per say.  I thought we had worked out that apr_dbd_mysql
is ok, but I can't find the notes :(

We cleared the rest to ship.  But should the APR project be shipping
any of these three in binary form, and if so, in what cases?  I had
started some notes under /repos/private/pmcs/apr/ to document what
the rationals are by combination.

My reasons are simple, it would be good to finally distribute these
either as a separate download or within the apr win32 binaries and
therefore with the httpd 2.2 binaries.

View raw message