apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r798326 - in /apr/apr-util/branches/1.3.x: CHANGES build/rpm/apr-util.spec.in
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 21:53:14 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Irrelevant.  ./testall wasn't built for execution, make check was built
> for execution.

Then why didn't you just say so in the first place instead of sending me
on a wild goose chase?

The ./testall comes out of the ages old Redhat spec file, and I have no
idea why it is like that and quite frankly I don't care - I am only
interesting in getting to work properly right now the right way,
whatever the right way is.

I have absolutely no idea why we've reinvented automake inside our build
scripts. I have absolutely no idea why we are trying to feed libtool
weird platform specific flags that make macosx and linux work entirely
differently from one another, and I am very interested to hear why this
is currently justified from someone who does understand this mess.

Regards,
Graham