apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Problem building using nmake on Windows
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 01:29:12 GMT
Robert Dailey wrote:
> I would really appreciate a response to the inquiry quoted below.
>
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 9:57 PM, Robert Dailey <rcdailey@gmail.com
> <mailto:rcdailey@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Currently I have the following versions:
>
>     apr: 0.9.18
>     apr-iconv: 0.9.7
>     apr-util: 0.9.17
>
>     I've renamed all of them to their respective names in the same
>     directory as the build instructions require.

The goal in this package was to avoid that aspect of the instructions,
provided you identify the paths of apr, apr-util and apr-iconv.  However
it seems things did not work out as planed;

>     I go to the apr-util directory and execute:
>
>     nmake /f aprutil.mak
>
>     It looks like things build normally until I see this (Note that this
>     is just a snippet from the very bottom of all the output, there is
>     far more above but I have left it out):
>
>     NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make '"apr.h"'
>     Stop.
>
>     Notice the error at the bottom of the snippet above. Why is this
>     happening?

I suspect it is because I attempted to to introduce ${INCLUDES} into the
dependencies, to find the related packages, and fix the search path to pick
up the includes.

In the apr\ tree, please try doing a 'del *.dep /s' and let me know if that
fixes things for you.  I plan to resolve this and repackage.  The 2nd most
recent apr 1.3 release suffered from similar issues, and with the newest
apr 1.3 release I scuttled this effort for an entirely different approach.