apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 0.9 util puzzle
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 05:22:39 GMT
Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 20:50 -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> No improvement :(  And still have;
>
> So, just to be clear, when you apply r662299 to 0.9.x, no warnings go
> away, right?

I have only one warning in building apr, the one I just quote r.e. strings.

But when building mod_ftp upon httpd 2.0 upon apr 0.9 patched, yes, those
warnings remain.  Is this due to comparing the object pointers of the
defined bucket types as they are position independent, and therefore those
values change?

I actually detest the interface, it should be changed to have no reliance
on an arbitrary pointer unless that pointer is reported by the result of
a resolved function call into the library.

FYI only the 1st and 3rd bits of the patch you quoted were necessary, the
second bit was already set volatile.