apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: poll backend for pollcb
Date Sun, 28 Jun 2009 15:10:54 GMT
On 28.06.2009 16:56, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> On 28.06.2009 10:45, Paul Querna wrote:
>> This was committed back in February, in r744095, and r744552.
>> It added a poll() based backend for pollcb.
>> The problem is that this backend is not thread safe, while all of the
>> others are -- and it was my intention that by default all backends are
>> thread safe, which is a departure from the previous pollset API.
>> I believe that it should return ENOTIMPL until such a time that it
>> could be made thread safe (ie, add or remove while a _poll() is going
>> on).
>> Thoughts?
> Seems to make sense to me.

To quick in typing: I does already when the flag APR_POLLSET_THREADSAFE
is set. As far as I understand the code each pollset backend is only
thread safe if this is requested during its creation via the
APR_POLLSET_THREADSAFE flag. If it cannot be thread safe it should return
ENOTIMPL as poll currently does.

View raw message