apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [MAINTAINER] devel/apr-gdbm-db42: apr-util 1.3.7 breaks dbd support
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 21:58:20 GMT
Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 18:58 +0200, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
>
>> I also think that the syntax of argument of --with-berkeley-db option
>> of Subversion's configure script is logical and appropriate :) .
>
> Of course it makes sense. SVN links directly to it, not via APU (i.e. it
> doesn't use apr_dbm*()).

which is why --with-berkeley-db as an arguement to svn ./configure would be
perfectly sensible, while for svn to leverage apr-util ./configure makes no
sense whatsoever :)

But we are done with the debate because I count one hacker and two platform
maintainers who appear +1 to fixing the "problem" on behalf of svn, at least
until apr-util 1.4 if not throughout apr-util 1.x.