apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: [MAINTAINER] devel/apr-gdbm-db42: apr-util 1.3.7 breaks dbd support
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 06:24:30 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Bojan Smojver wrote:
>> On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 23:16 -0400, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>>> -ldb* is never added to APRUTIL_EXPORT_LIBS so that apu-config.in ->
>>> apu-1-config can report on whats there using (i.e. from subversion)
>> Probably the result of moving the DBM (not DBD) to DSO.
>
> And actually; not the job of apr, unless this is a static build?  You'll
> note that the library is linked to the berkeley stub.  E.g. (on linux here)
Nothing is static.

> $ ldd lib/apr-util-1/apr_dbm_db.so
>         libdb-4.7.so => /lib64/libdb-4.7.so (0x00007faf83e75000)

> Trivial to disable the dso feature for static libraries, if that is the
> problem.  Simply --disable-util-dso
Not the issue.

> If the problem is that the user wants apr-util db + specific BerkeleyDB
> features, that isn't what APR exists to provide.  The autoconf tests
> may be liberally borrowed from, obviously, as they are Apache licensed :)
No I just want SUBVERSION to be able to tell that APR-UTIL was compiled
with ANY BDB support.

something is foobar.

Or I'm very confused.

give apr 1.3.3, apr 1.3.4, subversion 1.6.2
I can provide identical configure lines to those
with apr 1.3.5 and apr-util 1.3.7 and SUBVERSION barfs.

Must subversion be updated ?

If so, I'll have to roll back the security updates in freebsd ports
until subversion releases again or they put out a patch for this.
(I can duplicate it outside of ports too)

That doesn't seem like a good thing to me.