apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: state of the release candidate
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 16:05:41 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> For apr 1.3 we have +1's from ruidiger, bojan, jim, guenter, -1 from sander
> for the darwin fault confirmed by jeff.  At 120 hours into the release I'll
> revert apr/poll to rev 1.3.3 and reroll, unless someone cares to offer the
> appropriate changes to autoconf, because I agree that introducing segfaults
> and kernel panics in a minor point bump is rude :)  We'll try to keep the
> new release voting period very abbreviated, say 24 hours, since the major
> gruntwork of testing is already done.  But please get this done.

The patch I will revert, unless someone argues otherwise, is modifying the
case *-apple-darwin[[0-8]].*) to *-apple-darwin*) for today in branch 1.3.

The origin was;

Revision 589519 - (view) (download) (annotate) - [select for diffs]
Modified Mon Oct 29 06:39:54 2007 UTC (19 months ago) by pquerna
Original Path: apr/apr/trunk/build/apr_hints.m4
File length: 14247 byte(s)
Diff to previous 550877 (colored)

On 10.5/Leopard, enable KQueue and Poll, since both seem to work correctly,
and all test cases pass.  If people could test their apr_pollset using
applications to make sure KQueue support is solid, that would be very helpful.