apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [vote] release apr 1.3.4, apr-util 1.3.5
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 23:14:46 GMT
Rainer Jung wrote:

> Also seeing Ruediger's observation concerning the empty shell loop in
> test Makefile for apr-util on Solaris; r780412 fixes it.

Yup, that's going to be picked up.  Very nice.

> On Windows testpass fails, because there's no crypt but the test still
> tries to validate the Unix crypted hashes against the password. So the
> test is broken.

Not exactly.  In the test suite;

#ifdef WIN32

or similar is absolutely verboten.  It indicates an APR design flaw, because
only APR_HAVE_... or APR_HAS_... or a result code of APR_ENOTIMPL can be
used to determine if APR on a given architecture supports something.

There's no test for "we have crypt" so the failure is valid.