apr-dev mailing list archives

From Makulik <guenther.maku...@kathrein.de>
Subject Re: [vote] release apr 1.3.4, apr-util 1.3.5
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:17:33 GMT

Guenter Knauf-2 wrote:

> Unfortunately cross-mingw32 on Linux is broken either for another
> reason: configure wants to check somewhere for /dev/zero:

I came over the same issue when I tried to cross compile APR for
a powerpc system. The real problem is, that despite configure allows
to override ac_cv_file__dev_zero=yes if you have it on your target
system, there's a non overridable run time check if mmap works with
/dev/zero that will simply reset ac_cv_file__dev_zero=no when
cross-compiling is detected. I had to hack the configure script to
skip this test, introducing another variable
ac_cv_mmap_dev_zero_works that allows that explicitely.
IMHO this should be corrected in the autoconf sources for
configure, but I have no experience with autoconf.
Can anyone tell how to bring this to the config script, resp. to the
source of it?

G√ľnther