apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: [MAINTAINER] devel/apr-gdbm-db42: apr-util 1.3.7 breaks dbd support
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 03:21:46 GMT
On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 07:37 +1000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> I think not, because after the if/else, we still have work to do. We
> need to find the symbol for our DB engine (either from the hash or by
> dso_load), which depends on type, which can be different from call to
> call. No?

I verified this by running testdbm in GDB. Most definitely we can have a
situation where we need to get past that point.

In my test, I had three providers: gdbm, db and sdbm. In the first
round, drivers hash was created and gdbm was loaded as DSO and put in
the hash. After that, we used gdbm once from the hash. Next, sdbm was
already found in the hash (because it is statically linked) and used
(twice). Finally, db was loaded as DSO and put in the hash and
subsequently used from the hash.

--
Bojan